What is premature ejaculation? Premature ejaculation is a condition where men ejaculate before or shortly after penetration. This is uncontrollable and can happen with little stimulation. How short of a duration of time is considered premature? Its not always about the time, this is a condition in which the ejaculation is happening with little or no stimulation. Being very excited and ejaculated quickly after penetration does not necessarily mean the man has an issue with PE.
- What are some causes of premature ejaculation? There are many causes for this condition. Health issues can be one cause. Physical components such as hormone levels, medications, diseases and injures can cause PE. Stress, lifestyle, depression and situational stress, such as new partner or performance anxiety can also lead to PE.
- How does premature ejaculation impact a man’s perceived masculinity? Men want to be known for their prowess. When a man feels he cannot perform or satisfy sexually the feel like a failure. This wreaks havoc with a mans self confidence. Men start avoiding sex, feeling depressed and have anxiety when they think about sex! This can create a mental anxiety that last longer than the original cause of the symptoms.
- What techniques, sex positions and products can help prevent premature ejaculation?
Tantra is a yoga that helps with sexual issues, such as PE. Tantric breath work and mind control teach you to control your sexual energy and orgasm leading to a fulfilling sex life. Performance and stress are relieved by Tantra. Tantra is a huge subject but you can learn tools for PE through private sessions, books, and workshops. One sexual position taught in Tantra is Yab Yum. Yab Yum is where the male is sitting indian style, with the female partner facing the male, is sitting on top of him. Her legs are wrapped around his waist, giving both partners control of sensations. Benefits of Yab Yum include control of sensation and honoring the masculine and feminine energies. Yab Yum aligns the chakras (energy center located in the body) between the couple bringing deep sexual pleasure and awakening.
Asana helps by relieving stress and anxiety, a leading cause of PE. The poses help strengthen the pelvic floor giving more control over the sexual performance. Here are a few to try out:
- Bhaddha Konasana, AKA Butterfly Pose. This pose helps open the hips and increase blood flow to the pelvic region. Stiff hips and lack of blood flow can be a problem in suffers of PE.
Sit on the floor with your spine erect and draw the bottoms of your feet together. the knees bent and the soles of the feet touching fully.
Hold both feet with both hands, and try to bring the heels as close to the body as possible.
Butterfly your legs up and down, at a steady pace, like the wings of a butterfly.
Do this pose on a empty stomach, for at least 3 minutes, 2 to 3 times a day for best results.
- Dhanurasana, AKA Bow Pose. Increase blood flow to the abdominal, reproductive organs and back. Bow pose relives stress, nourishes kidneys, and helps with PE.
Lie flat on your stomach exhale and draw your feet over your body.
Grab your feet with your hands and raise your upper and lower body, resembling a bow.
You may have difficulty getting both the abdominal and the legs off at the same time, but with practice it will get easier.
Once you are in the pose hold for 30 seconds then slowly lower down. Repeat 3 times, with a minute between. 2 to 3 times a day for best results.
- Sarvangasana, AKA Shoulder Pose. Strengthens abdominal and pelvic floor muscles for better blood flow. You should avoid this pose if you have neck problems. This pose is best done with supervision. Wait 3 to 4 hours after a big mean before doing this pose.
Raise your legs up 60 degrees, use your hands to raise your hips and lower back until you are vertical position to the ground.
Next raise your legs vertically, keeping legs straight. Lie flat keeping legs together, body weight on the shoulders. Hold for 30 seconds, once a day.
Use the following methods to help with PE. Tantra Yogini offers workshops, retreats and private sessions for those who wish to explore the benefits of Tantra further.